This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk
This includes any personal information you may provide through our site when you:
- Use our Website
- Purchase a product or service.
- Sign up to one of email lists, subscribe to one of our blogs, social media feeds or web subscriptions.
- Take part in a prize draw or competition.
- Take part in a customer survey or questionnaire
Please note: By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Astro-Sphere Astrology is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
2. WHAT DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, last name, title, date of birth, place of birth, time of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and on rare occasions, telephone numbers, WhatsApp account or Skype IDs.
- Financial Data may include your payment card and in the case BACS/EFT payments, your bank account details. However, for the most part, payments are usually processed and handled via third parties such as banks and websites like PayPal, with whom you will have your own user agreement,. Such information is not harvested, stored or kept by Astro-Sphere Astrology once the transaction has been concluded.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and your communication preferences.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature, or reading a specific article on our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Any information provided by you, or exchanged between us during a reading is considered confidential and therefore protected by client-consultant privilege. Any preparatory handwritten notes or audio recordings made of the reading are treated as private and are not shared with any other party or stored online. The sharing of such information cannot take place without prior consent from the client and/or consultant.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our products or services;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
- offer us feedback about a particular product or service.
Automated technologies or interactions: As you use our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your country of origin, browsing actions and usage patterns. This is carried out by third party ISP’s such as WordPress or Wix,com and has not been expressly set up by us to collect specific personal data about you such as shopping habits etc. No information of a personal nature is collected or harvested by Astro-Sphere Astrology for the purposes of commercial activities in this way and so this data should be considered to be aggregated data and not personal data. Such data is purely used for the purposes of analysing website usage, article views etc in order to refine and improve our current and future services and products for our customers. Please see the section on aggregated data above for clarification.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us, such as constructing astrology reports at your request and/or carrying out astrology consultations on your behalf.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. Although we have seldom conducted any email marketing campaigns to date, this may change in the future. However, please be reassured that you will only receive marketing communications from us only if you have opted to do so.
You also have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at: email@example.com
Please note: Where you choose to opt out of receiving any current or future marketing communications, this will not apply to communications about a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing. We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Tax authorities, regulators and other government bodies based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Other companies who provide services as part of our normal business activities
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to only those company employees and other third parties, such as banks or PayPal, who have a business need to know such data, such as for the processing of payments.
Your data will NOT be shared with any other third party for commercial or marketing purposes. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, which include constructing current or future astrological reports and preparing for and/or carrying out astrology—based consultations for you, and/or satisfying any administrative, accounting, or reporting requirements as outlined by UK/EU law.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
Occasionally, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case, we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Please note: We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
10. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
12. CONTACT US:
Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by:
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Contacting us via Whatsapp or Facebook